Shana Guar are carefully hand-picked from farms which maintain the highest quality. The prime Guar are washed, cut and quickly frozen to ensure that the tenderness, taste and all nutritional goodness is retained.
|Energy||174kJ / 41 kCal|
Cook straight from frozen
|6 tbsp||Oil (Corn or Vegetable)|
|1/2 tsp||Mustard Seeds|
|1/2 tsp||Ajma (lovage seeds)|
|1/4 tsp||Aesofotedia (Hing)|
|6||Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped|
|1/2 tsp||Tumeric Powder|
|2 1/2 tsp||'Dhanajeera' Powder|
(Cumin & Coriander mix)
|1/2 tsp||Chilli Powder, to taste|
|1/2 tsp||Jaggery (Dark Muscovado sugar)|
|2||Tomatoes, finely chopped|
- In a saucepan, heat the oil on low heat.
- Add the mustard and ajma seeds and fry till they pop.
- Add aesofotedia and immediately stir in the garlic.
- Fry for half a minute.
- Add Shana Guar a150ml of water.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Simmer on low heat until Guar becomes tender.
- Add chopped tomatoes and rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes or till the sauce thickens.
Ideal accompaniments for this dish are Shana Paratha, Shana Chapatti, Naan Bread, Roti, Rotlo (Millet Bread) or Rice.